Welcome to the Siouxland Linux Users Group website!
The Siouxland Linux Users Group was formed to introduce new ideas, information, and to answer questions that others may have about GNU/Linux. GNU/Linux is free software available to you no matter what "computer level" you are on. Plus, its all Open Source. The meetings are free for all to join, from the newbies to the typical computer geek.
We have an informal thing going on Monday, December 22. Come down to TommyJack's, drink, hang out, spend too much money on their awesome jukebox, meet new people (maybe), meet old people (probably), and talk about computers.
In this tutorial, some techniques for manipulating the size and location of objects will be demonstrated in the course of building a bookshelf. It requires no previous knowledge of blender.→ continue reading...
The next meeting will be held at a new location, the Siouxland Libraries Main branch downtown Sioux Falls.
The idea is to have plenty of topics to discuss. If there is interest we can go over these topics in depth.
Some of the ideas that we have so far are:
- xmonad tiling window manager http://xmonad.org/
- A synergy 3 computer, 4 monitor setup with keybindings. http://synergy-foss.org/
- gitlab. A self hosted "github clone". http://gitlab.org/
- updating from Debian squeeze to wheezy stable. http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/
- Migrating from apache to nginx http://wiki.nginx.org/Main
- using rdiff-backup for local and remote incremental backups. http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/
- tmux and screen http://tmux.sourceforge.net/ http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/
What we don't get a chance to cover during this meeting can be pushed to the next meeting. You can submit your ideas to the mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check out the meeting page for more information.